Wednesday, April 21, 2010

How to build a job - Part I

"DAY ONE"



"The beginning"


I started a small job up in Loudoun County this past week and I thought it might be interesting for others to see how I go about a job from the beginning to the end. Day 1 is arriving with the machine and beginning the erosion control process. Per the plans and permits, I have to install a perimeter berm around the site to contain the run-off. This is accomplished with the stripping of the existing topsoil, placing it in the berms and at the end of the job respreading it.


"Stripped topsoil just pushed up" "Same topsoil now dressed and tracked in"

Next, there was a very large pin oak tree in the way, so that had to be removed, cut up and placed outside of the work area. This gives the owner the opportunity to burn the brush later and also have some good usable firewood.


"Tree Up" "Tree down"


No comments:

Post a Comment